Coperion K-TRON Continuous Gravimetric Blenders
Consisting of one to eight feeders and a central microprocessor based controller, the K4G and ProRate™ Gravimetric Blender continuously meters raw materials accurately into a central station hopper.
K4G Gravimetric Blender: A Modular System
The K4G Continuous Gravimetric Blender System is designed with the specific requirements of the plastics processing industry in mind.
The compact design and low space requirements of the K4G integrated system allow four or six feeders with Coperion K-Tron receivers to be easily grouped around an extruder inlet. Single stations are also available.
A wide variety of standard feeders can be integrated into the K4G single-point weighing system, depending on the feeding requirements.
K4G single screw feeders, Bulk Solids Pump feeders and Premier receivers are designed for handling free flowing bulk materials. Twin-screw feeders and Coperion K-Tron receivers can handle powders and non-free-flowing materials.
Materials Fed: Free flowing pellets or powders, depending on the system
The system is completely modular; feeders and conveyors can be exchanged or removed as needed. The following units are available in K4G versions:
Single/Twin Screw Gravimetric Blender Configuration
- BS60 Single Screw Loss-in-weight Feeder (up to 60mm diameter)
- KT20 Twin Screw Loss-in-weight Feeders for Powder
- KQx Single Screw Loss-in-weight Feeder for low feed rates
Bulk Solids Pump Gravimetric Blender Configuration
- BSP-100 Bulk Solids Pump Feeder
- BSP-135 Bulk Solids Pump Feeder
High Feed Rates and Feeding Difficult Materials
For higher feed rates or special agitation needs, K2 Modular loss-in-weight feeders with three-point-weighing systems can also be incorporated.
The K4G Continuous Gravimetric Blender System is designed with the specific requirements of the plastics processing market. The compact design and low space requirements of the K4G integrated system allow four or six feeders with Coperion K-Tron receivers to be easily grouped around an extruder inlet. Single stations are also available.
A wide variety of standard Coperion K-Tron feeders can be integrated into the K4G single-point weighing system, depending on the applications feeding requirements. The K4G incorporates single screw feeders, Bulk Solids Pump feeders and Coperion K-Tron receivers for handling free flowing bulk materials, and twin-screw feeders and Coperion K-Tron receivers for the handling of powders and non-free-flowing materials.
- Coperion K-Tron`s ProRate I is a gravimetric feeder designed with selection of five interchangeable auger sizes, allowing for varying capacities up to 1,175 pounds per hour.
- Coperion K-Tron`s ProRate II is gravimetric feeder designed with 3-inch diameter auger providing high capacity feeding up to 3,500 pounds per hour.
Designed for on-machine feeding, the ProRate Feeder is ideally suited for injection or extrusion feeding applications. As the material enters the processing machine, the ProRate precisely meters pelletized color concentrates, modifiers or free flowing additives into the raw material stream. A full range of feed rates is available with the ProRate’s variable speed motor and full complement of auger sizes.
Designed for modular flexibility, ProRates can be added or removed to adapt to your changing requirements. If, for example, you start metering one ingredient and wish to add a second, simply bolt on another ProRate Feeder. In addition, microprocessor based controls provide easy calibration and continuously monitor the ProRate’s speed via a closed loop control system to ensure feed accuracy.
To maintain a consistent ratio of raw material and additives, the ProRate can be set up to cycle on and off repeatedly with the injection molding machine. The ProRate’s inhibit circuit synchronizes the feeder with the injection process. This enables the ProRate to introduce material only during the screw recovery cycle.
The ProRate is also well suited to the continuous feed of extrusion applications. Once the feed rate has been set, the ProRate will maintain that setting accurately for long or short run times. The ProRate can also be slaved to the extruder. By connecting the ProRate’s voltage-following circuit to the extruder, it will match the speed changes of the extruder, up or down, from the initial set point.
- Cylindrically hoppers with a 60° cone to assure fast material discharge.
- High performance load cell assembly with a nominal 12-inch base frame provides an accurate weigh signal to the controller.
- Center station 4 position and 8 Position bases are available. They are designed for use with either the ProRate I/Gravimetric feeders or high-volume ProRate II/Gravimetric feeders
- Modular scale platform assemblies provide support by two legs, with adjustable leveling bolts, and bolt-on attachment to the base station.
- Continuous loss-in-weight controller is a multimode, microprocessor based, process weight controller.
Available in 2.5KG, 5KG and 12KG sizes.
Each of the materials are dispensed sequentially into a common weighing hopper in the desired proportions. The weighed materials are then released into a separate mixing chamber which provides the most consistent homogeneous blend of any batch type blender.
- Ingredient accuracy of +/- 0.02% per batch at highest accuracy setting
- Integral loading platform for mounting vacuum receivers
- Clean-out system to facilitate quick and easy product changeovers
- Attached air hose and nozzle for cleaning
- Fast acting V-gate valve on each ingredient hopper
- Support for a wide variety of communications protocols
- Inventory of entire blender and each individual hopper
For video, animated demonstrations, brochures and technical articles click here
obsługi materiałów sypkich w zakresie: